Sunday 11 March 2012

Globalisation & Sustainability//Notes to myself.



The last lecture on globalisation and sustainability really gave me food for thought, particularly in the light of my pre-dissertation essay, and, if my essay is well received, my final dissertation, being on the particular subject as it is something that particularly interests me, and I feel that is a very contemporary and of-the-moment research area that would be beneficial to extend my research and knowledge of for my own design practice.



The opinions of others, and varying perspectives are undoubtedly a positive thing, and getting the multiple perspectives from the lecture, not only from Richard, delivering the lecture himself, but the opinions of others, has really opened my eyes to subject matter that I have barely touched the surface of within my initial essay draft.


Originally, upon receiving my essay feedback, I was simply going to set out to make a few necessary changes, find a few more key sources and triangulate the structure of my quotes and paragraphs a little more carefully. Now, where possible, I want to return to my essay and deconstruct it- considering the details that I hadn't fully acknowledged before.


The real, fundamental question- just how sustainable IS sustainability? Can we ever really live in a sustainable world? Now my essay's got bigger fish to fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment