Tuesday 29 November 2011

Essay Proposal Research/Brainstorming.



Beginning to brainstorm the potential for my essay development (an extension from the seminar briefing from Monday afternoon with tutor Richard), and considering possible direction and influences from theory, contemporary practice and philosophy that my writing could take.

Really inspired by the seminar, I started to consider my options, and what I feel I could write passionately about, and maintain interest enough to potentially lead on to my final level VI dissertation essay (notes of which can be found above). I have signed up for the initial seminar available on Globalisation, Sustainability and Ethics which should help determine whether the essay content is the right choice for me, however, my initial idea/proposal is:

"The food industry and the role design plays in environmental awareness" 

(reduced from my initial concept of "The Innocent Smoothie brand and the role that design plays in environmental sustainability and awareness" which, when briefly talking to Richard about, he felt it might be more suited to a dissertation title, being rather brand specific- but with a lot of varying directions I could follow, and potential).

No comments:

Post a Comment