Monday 7 November 2011

Seminar II//Technology will liberate us//Notes.



I was really pleased with what I learnt in today's seminar with Richard. Admittedly- I, and I think I can speak for the group as a whole, were massively confused with the lecture from two weeks back- and not truly understanding or getting to grips with any of the concepts that were being put across.
However, having the chance to really pull apart some text and analyse the particular related philosophies were amazingly helpful- and I now see the great relevance of the lecture.

The images posted below are a summary of my notes and records from the seminar discussion (out of context they make look a little unusual...)- reading the text of Walter Benjamin, and, in particular, working alongside fellow designer Max to analyse the second chapter of the text.
(Please excuse the rather dodgy scans...)












I really enjoyed today's session, and am so glad that it now makes clear sense to me- and the relevance to our own Graphic Design practice is extremely evident. I will now strongly consider choosing this as a subject for my dissertation- I feel it's something very relevant to my own practice, and contemporary culture- and, most importantly, something I could get really passionate about- looking forward to writing my short essay review in response to today's session (may have spoken to soon, mind...).

No comments:

Post a Comment