Tuesday 29 November 2011

Essay Seminar//Briefing.


Notes from yesterday's CTS Essay module briefing- looking at the different possibilities for our Year II essay (pre- dissertation essay) and the potential subject matter we could review, idea generation, sources and assessable outcomes, etc- notes included throughout the scanned document (I apologise for the bad quality!)



I felt really inspired by the seminar, and enthusiastic to start considering my ideas and options for the essay. More notes I took are written below.

- Essay carries most weight in module. Other tasks can gain marks, though there is more opportunity for grade to increase in the essay part.
- Consider the posibilities to link with our own Graphic Design practice.
- Consider my own interests within Graphic Design and potential development for the essay- what will maintain my interest/be rich in both primary and secondary research, and, potentially, be able to be developed in my Level VI dissertation?

Within the next couple of days I will go on to brainstorm possible options and paths for the essay development, as well as signing up for the two seminars 'Globalisation, Sustainability, Ethics' as well as 'Branding, Consumerism, Society'- the two I already feel would be appropriate for my current design and contemporary practice interests- brand responsibility, identity, ethically-driven print-based design, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment