Sunday 18 December 2011

CTS Essay//Preparation//Contacting Innocent.


Starting to make contact with Innocent for more information for my dissertation- although a lot of information is already available- particularly on their own website (http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/) it would be great to potentially source the answers to some of my particular, or specific questions. In my past experience of contacting the company (throughout the past couple of years) they are very enthusiastic about returning e mails and correspondence- hopefully I'll have the opportunity (despite the awkward festive break...) to get some source material before the New Year for the first draft of my essay.


The e mail content, as follows, is written below:

Hello at all at Innocent,

I am writing to ask, if at all possible, I would be able to arrange either an e-mail, or personal interview (at your head office [Fruit Towers] in London) to ask some questions about the Innocent company as a case study for my dissertation.

As a great fan and supporter of Innocent, my questions, of course, are a positive (you'll be pleased to hear)!

Through the dissertation I will be analysing how the food industry uses branding and packaging to promote sustainability and a healthier lifestyle to contemporary cultures- looking at how branding, in particular, plays a fundamental part in how a company is received and affects the psychology of consumers- looking at your brand as a shining example of how healthy living is promoted in a fun, friendly, and, perhaps most importantly, in an un-patronising way.

It'd be great to hear back from you- I would love to gain more insight into your company.

With thanks and best wishes,

Sophie Wilson

BA (Hons) Graphic Design, Leeds College of Art Year II

//

TWO DAYS LATER....


Recieved a letter from Innocent- as I suspected, for the busy brand, at a particularly busy time of year, I was kindly sent a reply, though, understandably, could not have the full range of contact and interview that I anticipated due to the business of the brand.


However, their reply was very useful, and has pointed me in the right direction of lots more useful information about the brand and potential for research which I will go on to blog in a further, more specific blog post:


No comments:

Post a Comment